Picture by Intersection Consulting via Flickr
People do business with people (or ‘brands’) they like and trust, and social media provides the bridge between companies and consumers. But what are the other compelling reasons for using social media? Here are the top 10:
1. It allows you to reach your target market by simply engaging in the right conversations with the right people. This can be much more effective (and a heck of a lot cheaper) than advertising.
2. You can create and build relationships with people who might not otherwise know about your products or services.
3. At least half of Facebook and Twitter users admit to being more likely to do business with a brand that uses social media than one that doesn’t.
4. You can drive high-quality traffic to your homepage/blog/other online sites via call-to-actions, and SEO (the Google search engine loves Twitter updates.
5. It allows you to learn more about, and tap into the wisdom of, your market — which ultimately leads to better positioning and therefore sales.
6. You can listen AND respond to what’s being said about your business (and your competition).
7. Social media allows people to gain a better insight into the company persona – it makes you ‘real’ to consumers.
8. It’s a tool that your ‘fans’ can use to spread positive word of mouth about you.
9. Offering help and advice related to your area of expertise/your products in a spontaneous fashion gives you authority.
Copyright, T L Dooley. All Rights Reserved.
Add my RSS feed to your reader now so you never have to miss a post.
Want to use this in your ezine, blog or website? No problem! Just let me know. Ill send you a short resource box/bio to include.